• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Proper Weight Loss? Does That Even Exist?

Peerienor

Ex-Bluelighter
It may not be the most appropriate forum for this query, but since weight loss is a global endemic, I was thinking that there will perhaps be some men or ladies in this forum, who have gone on any weight loss plans at all. If you have some idea whatsoever please share.

I am in particular confused on what diet product to prefer, as there are so many options in the market. The most recent hypes on Oprah similar to hoodia gordonii or garcinia cambogia don't make this subject simpler. I really do not know where to commence, should I get an exact weight loss program, routine of workouts...All I have come to know is that a modification is necessary. And this change needs to take place now.

Sure, diet plans or medications/supplements may aid in weight loss. But you really cannot do it without reducing your total calorie intake, modifying your diet to include more fresh fruit and vegetables, complex carbohydrates and lean meats, limiting your consumption of sugar and saturated fats, and doing daily EXERCISE. Once you get the routine going of proper diet and daily exercise, the weight should start to shift. Sure, it will be hard work, but anything worth doing is worth doing right. And if it's not hard you're not doing it right ;)
If you have no experience with exercise routines at all, it's definitely worth having a few sessions with a personal trainer so you can learn the correct techniques. This will help to avoid injury from exercise. You can find plenty of great eating plans online as well, just make sure they are balanced and that they don't ever omit any types of foods (except sugar and fat of course)
No gimmicks, no expensive pills or plans or anything like that, just the tried and true method of healthy weight loss by a simple change in lifestyle <3

Eat often, eat healthily and exercise till your exhausted (45 mins a day is about optimum). Any supplement will only improve weight loss by at most 5-10%- which means if your not currently losing weight you wont magically start.

n3ophy7e has some great advice...

Just eat healthy foods, get regular exercise and operate at a 500 calroie a day deficit, most people do this by burning 250 calories and eating 250 calories less than their BMR. 500 calories a day equates to one pound of fat lost every week. That's 52 pounds over a year if you can stick with it.

dont go on a "weight loss" plan

go on a "living healthy" plan, this will include proper diet, exercise, and rest. weight loss may be a side effect, but its not the goal. the goal is to put your body in a balanced, healthy state.

if you live healthy, you serve yourself, and can be an example to those around you.

if youre only concerned with "weight loss," you are a slave to your perceived acceptance by others.

go on a "living healthy" plan, this will include proper diet, exercise, and rest. weight loss may be a side effect, but its not the goal. the goal is to put your body in a balanced, healthy state.

That is an excellent way of putting it rm-rf :)

^Ditto, rm-rf. If you focus on staying healthy, beauty, high energy, and maintaining a good weight will follow.